Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Isle of Skye, Scotland























































On August 15 we dropped anchor in the harbor of Portree, on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. As I was stepping into the tender boat to reach shore, a school of dolphins came popping by - one even flipped in the air - officially the most magical moment of the trip! After this, I visited the beautiful Eilean Donan Castle after a drive through the highlands. The heather was in bloom along the rocky hills and purple thistle flowers surrounded the castle. The Scottish sun took turns with the even more Scottish rain all day. I didn't want to leave, but Iceland was right around the corner...




3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness girl, what's next? A writer of travel guides? Especially love the comment about sun and rain:-) Beautiful everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Now we both have blogs! Are you going to do a post about my visit? Please? Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! DOLPHINS?! Did you think of me?! :)

    ReplyDelete